Heidi Hougham

Heidi Hougham

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Remembering A Friend

"Give, and it will be given to you.
A good measure, pressed down,
shaken together and running over,
will be poured into your lap.
For with the measure you use,
it will be measured to you."
LUKE 6:38 NIV

Marj's Quilt

I began this quilt in 2009 while a friend was battling cancer.  It is a prayer quilt, something small to fit one's lap while in hospital.  I never liked the layout and tried several strategies to get the colours from dischord to a harmonious effect.  In January 2010 Marj passed away and this quilt was put aside.

Aurora

 Recently, thoughts of my friend have brought this quilt to mind again.  I think if I cut the 3 inch strips to smaller 1 1/2 inch strips the colours will be more manageable.  I will also chose a different log cabin setting this time.

In another post I will explain the significance of the passage from Luke above.

No comments:

Post a Comment